Ontario Trillium Scholarship in Canada
Ontario Trillium Scholarship in Canada: Ontario Trillium Scholarship is an idea of Western University in Ontario, Canada to attract qualified international students to study in Canada on a fully funded programme.
The scholarship, with a value of $40,000 per year and renewable for up to 4 years, is targeted at top international students to Ontario for PhD studies.
Usually, to be considered for the Ontario Trillium Scholarships interested students are encouraged to send in their expression of interest to the graduate program chair to participate in the competition as part of their application for admission into Western University. The students are thereafter nominated for the scholarship by the Graduate Chair if they are qualified.
Eligibility Criteria | Ontario
Trillium Scholarship in Canada
The interested applicants for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship must have achieved a minimum of 80% in each of the last two most recently completed years of full-time university study, or equivalent to full-time study. That is in addition to the below stated eligibility conditions;
For Nomination by the Graduate
- The applicant must be an international student at the time of application and when taking up the award
- The applicant must intend to be present on campus to undertake full-time PhD studies in any discipline at Western at the start of either
- The applicant must not be currently registered in a university degree program at an Ontario university at the time of nomination
- The applicant must have exceptional research experience and potential, combined with an outstanding university academic record
To hold the award, the Have received a valid temporary resident visa as a member of the student class under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) by the start date of the PhD program and meet other eligibility conditions for renewals.
Value and Duration of
- $40,000 per year renewable for up to 4 years, and will begin concurrently with the start of the recipient’s PhD program.